We accept most insurance carriers, and our staff will work with you before you come in for your appointment to ensure that you will have the coverage you need. We will do our best to help eliminate the worry so you can concentrate on getting well.
We know how stressful initial diagnosis and ongoing care can be and we strive to keep waiting time for an appointment to a minimum. We ask that you realize that delays can occur due to emergencies and unforeseen patient needs and your patience and understanding are appreciated at these times. Be assured that our physicians and staff will do their very best to keep your waiting time to a minimum.
We ask that you always:
- Bring your insurance cards.
- Let us know whenever you change your address, telephone number, employment, marital status or insurance.
- Bring a list of all medications that you are currently taking (including over-the-counter remedies, vitamins and herbal supplements).
- Write down any questions or concerns that you may have to discuss with your physician.
- If you wish, bring someone with you to help listen to your physician’s comments and responses to your questions.
- Make your next appointment every time you visit the clinic. This includes lab, medication and radiology appointments.
We understand that emergencies and special needs can occur, and we will do our very best to accommodate your specific needs. We request that should you need to cancel an appointment, provide as much notice as possible in order for us to enable another patient to be seen.
Once you make an appointment, all facets of our services – from the latest research findings to the most advanced technology will be made available for your healing.