Jill Reese, RN, BSN, OCN
CPAN Chapter Advocacy Leader
We are thrilled to announce that on Thursday, May 19th we launched Dayton Physicians Network CPAN Chapter. The launch and patient advocacy group meeting was a huge success! We had approximately 40 people in attendance from patients, survivors, caregivers, staff, colleagues, and pharma. This group is committed to making a difference and advocating for our patients and Dayton Physicians Network. Thanks to all those that attended.
What is CPAN?
Dayton Physicians Network teamed up with Community Oncology Alliance (COA) Patient Advocacy Network (CPAN) to launch a local chapter. CPAN is a nationally recognized patient advocacy group providing the patient’s voice along with community oncologists, nurses and healthcare administrators in the fight to preserve community cancer care and access to local care.
Educational topics included: Insight into how national policy issues impact local patient care, how oncologists advocate for their patients, COA and CPAN advocacy initiatives, and opportunities for you to become a Cancer Care Advocate.
Guest speakers included:
- Robert Baird, Chief Executive Officer
- Jill Reese, RN, BSN, OCN, COA Patient Advocacy Leader
- Josh Cox, PharmD., BCPS, Director of Pharmacy
- Mark Marinella, MD
- Rose Gerber, COA Director of Patient Advocacy & Education
- Patient Advocates
- To learn more about COA and their key initiatives, including the Cancer Experiment, visit www.communityoncoloy.org
- To learn more about CPAN visit www.coaAdvocacy.org (please note, the CPAN website is under development)
- To learn more about the event or becoming a member of our new Dayton Physicians Network CPAN chapter, email me @ firstname.lastname@example.org