SDM is a collaborative, medical decision-making process between patients and their Urology health care providers when multiple options are considered clinically acceptable.
The key elements of SDM include:
2. Sharing information by both the Urology health care provider and the patient.
3. Building consensus through the expression of preferences by both the Urology healthcare provider and patient.
4. Agreement by both the Urology healthcare provider and patient on the decision to implement.
We carry out shared decision making in our practice with SHARE:
2. Help our patients explore and compare treatment options
3. Assess our patient’s values and preferences
4. Reach a decision with our patient
5. Evaluate our patient’s decision